“COMBAT SELF DEFENCE SHIHAN MARTIN DAY FEATURED IN AUSTRALASIA’S TOP MARTIAL ARTS MAGAZINE”
It’s a great honour to be selected for a feature in Blitz martial arts magazine and I would like to remind everyone that we, as martial artists share a bond with others here in Australia and indeed around the world.
We are all striving to learn more and to enjoy this never ending journey with like minded people.
If I was asked about what I am looking for in my self defence and martial arts students; then this would be my reply:
1. Make the commitment and stay with it.
2. Never give up and do not make excuses not to train.
3. Learn the principles, techniques are easy once you are able to implement the principles.
4. Get fighting fit and increase your flexibility and mobility.
5. Practice in your own time as well as in the classes.
6. Leave your ego behind and become a member of the team.
7. Ask questions and keep an open mind.
8. Control the techniques and look after your training partners.
9. Be humble.
There’s more, but for now this will do.
Once again, thank you to the team at Blitz and all that have interviewed me in other magazines, newspapers and the radio and tv.
Stay safe and enjoy the read.